R.A. Bauer & Associates was started as a business in March 1999. We are a materials testing laboratory
and consulting service focused on electrochemical methods to characterize materials, their interactions with each
other, and with their environment. Our testing and experience quantify problems, identify unexpected
interactions, and help engineers make better material and processing choices.
Ownership and Expertise
- R.A. Bauer & Associates is owned by and the principle chemist is: Robert A. Bauer.
- B.S. - Chemistry, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- M.S. - Materials Science, Marquette University
- 49 years of experience in chemistry & metallurgy
- 15 years experience with corrosion resistant cast alloys
- 28 years of experience with electrochemical methods applied to corrosion
- Established a corrosion testing laboratory for a Fortune 200 Company
- Developed electrochemical sensors for contamination in lubricants
- Member of ASM (Materials Information Society)
- Member of NACE (Corrosion Society)
- Member of MRS (Materials Research Society)
- Experienced with many applications and processing for metals, plastics, ceramics, and lubricants
We do not track users of this website. We do not send cookies to your browser. The only information that we collect is given to us voluntarily and the sender may opt out at any time. No information will be knowingly taken from minors. Personal information from customers and website users will not be shared with any third party.
Customers and website users who give us their contact information may be sent announcements,
solicitations, or other information that is relevant to our business and their interests.
No client information, including inquiries and testing results, will be shared with any parties except employees of this company and colleagues who have agreed to maintain confidentiality and have a need to know or are contributors to the test results. Selected test results may be used as promotional material only if the client is not identifiable and the results cannot be considered proprietary.